Thursday, September 3, 2009

August

August seemed to race by! What happened? Where did summer go? Oh, right, we never really had a good stretch of summer. But we make do with what we are given, and God has given us a wonderful month.

My, my! Aren't those some tall sunflowers!


The first Saturday in August, I had the wonderful experience of going to World Pulse Festival, a Christian music festival in South Bend. I got to see 5 acts, including my favorite group, the David Crowder*Band, pictured above. There are 6 members, but only 3 of them fit in the lense of the camera! They have some incredible songs on the radio right now and a new album coming out in a couple weeks. I was able to get up to the front row to watch this talented group. What a fun day!
So, I love where we live; there is so much wildlife that lives in or visits our lake and property. Living at our lake is a pair of "resident ducks," as we call them. They're a couple of flightless ducks, they're never more than a few feet apart from each other, and they think they own the lake. They chase the mallards off at every chance they get. It's quite entertaining to watch. On this particular day, like many other days, the resident ducks were hanging out on the ski jump, bathing themselves in the shallow water at the base of the jump and just warming themselves in the sun. You can see a turtle also sunning himself partway up the jump. He's the little black spot on the near edge of the jump. On the warmest and sunniest days, there will be easily 30 turtles sunning on the jump. I like to find the biggest one and try to guess his age. I took this picture using the "sight" that's supposed to go on a rifle. It doubles as a great telescope, of sorts!

We had great weather in the evenings, so Meadowe, Finn, Murray, and I took a walk while Ora mowed the yard. Too bad he couldn't join us because we had a very nice walk. I say walk, but Meadowe actually rode her bike. She loves riding her bike! Murray just likes to go!
"I whan shahge mah fone!" Sweet little Finn loves electronics and while he waited for his phone to charge, he fell asleep. It was a much needed nap and when he woke, his phone was charged! Good times! Now he can call Pappaw himself! ("I whan shahge mah fone" is "I want to charge my phone.")

No comments: